A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.

~Blogger~

Sep 20, 2007

Yes, I am not a 'good' housekeeper and other thoughts.

OK EVERYONE! In case you haven't guessed, I am not a 'good' housekeeper. But guess what? I don't care. As long as everyone has clean clothes and is healthy: WHO GIVES A CRAP IF THAT PILE OF JUNK MAIL KEEPS GROWING! True I suffer from some hayfever, and yes my house is dusty, but even if it was perfect, I most likely would still have it (the hayfever).... And dust hasn't killed me yet! And quite frankly, I don't want to be a boring housewife. For one, I am NOT married to a house, and for two, whoever cares about what state my house is in clearly has too much time on their hands. Also, why is it always my responsibilty that the house is clean: somebody else lives here too! so what if he is a man? I do keep the house to a standard when I have kids over, and the bird cage is always clean (except at the end of the week before I clean it). To me if there is only 2 adults living in a house, they should be able to have it however they like: as long as it isn't a health risk and the actual house is not being destroyed. Which clearly is not the case in my house. Yes I have clothes on the floor, yes I don't sweep the floor everyday, yes, I don't dust, yes I don't file my mail as often as I should, and yes, I don't clean up after myself very well!!! BUT WHO GIVES A CRAP! To be honest I would rather spend quality time with my family etc rather than be worried about the sweeping or filing or the empty glass upstairs.

There are few quotes I would like to share with you about housework....Thanks to the Quote Garden (and other sources)

Don't cook. Don't clean. No man will ever make love to a woman because she waxed the linoleum - "My God, the floor's immaculate. Lie down, you hot bitch." ~Joan Rivers (this one makes me giggle: it is so true!)

Our house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy. ~Author Unknown

The obvious and fair solution to the housework problem is to let men do the housework for, say, the next six thousand years, to even things up. The trouble is that men, over the years, have developed an inflated notion of the importance of everything they do, so that before long they would turn housework into just as much of a charade as business is now. They would hire secretaries and buy computers and fly off to housework conferences in Bermuda, but they'd never clean anything. ~Dave Barry (another giggle!)

A clean house is the sign of a boring person. ~Author Unknown

They're sure housework won't kill you, but why take the risk? Author Unknown (hehe)

If the shelves are dusty and the pots don't shine,
it's because I have better things to do with my time.
~Author Unknown

This house is protected by killer dust bunnies. ~Author Unknown

A spotless house is a sign of a misspent life. – Anonymous

Housekeeping is like being caught in a revolving door. – Marcelene Cox

My theory on housework is, if the item doesn’t multiply, smell, catch fire, or block the refrigerator door, let it be. No one else cares. Why should you? – Erma Bombeck (lol.....lots of giggles)

All sooo true!

Jo

2 comments:

Tohou Lidia said...

Hey Jo!

Couldn't agree with you more! I hate people who constantly have to keep things spotless. I had a housemate who got up me for leaving hair on the floor!! And i was like - well that is because i have long hair! Can i help it if it occasionally falls on the floor?

I definately think a messy house means at least you have a life! I loved the quotes! Joan Rivers was one of my favorite ones! My future husband is going to have to deal with the fact that i don't clean all day long. My dad was the cleaner in my family - he really was the perfect husband ;)

Can i ask what triggered such a response?

luv Amy

Finbarpurpleton said...

I liked the Joan Rivers quote too. It was funny. I agree a messy house should not be important but sadly to some it is.

A friend of my mom always said "house cleaning is like digging a hole that you end up filling up again, so why bother at all?"

I think the atmosphere in a home whether its inviting or relaxing is more important that if a pile of junk mail piles up.

Melissa :)

LFCA

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

A Cloud of Words

Wordle: Princessjo

Anniversary Countdown

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker