A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.

~Blogger~

Nov 6, 2007

109....109....109...109

http://abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/11/07/2083646.htm?section=australia

109 children huh?? 109 little lives lost A YEAR because people don't give a crap. I really wish this was more of an election topic.... I WISH PEOPLE WOULD DO SOMETHING!

Why is the system soooo messed up, clearly something is going wrong, but why do people keep glossing it over and ignoring it?? To all of you I say:

WE ARE HERE. WE ARE HURTING. WE NEED HELP. THERE ARE SOOO MANY OF US YET YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. YOU ARE MORE WORRIED ABOUT INTEREST RATES OR WHO IS WINNING THE MELBOURNE CUP. WHOSE REALITY IS MORE TWISTED??

I found a whole bunch of comments on this website:http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/comments/0,22023,22711748-662,00.html


To them I said:
To all of you that have been busy making comments on this forum:

As an abused child myself, who went through the so-called system, I would like to say. What do you do about?? It is all very well leaving comments on a website, but action is what is needed here. And it's not happening...I was watching Sunrise this morning: to me this would have been an excellent opportunity to have a good half hour discussing this issue. But no....they were too busy talking about the Melbourne Cup and Mark leaving Dancing with the Stars.....any problems with their priorities? Likewise, I haven't heard anything from the government (either side) regarding new policies to do with this issue. Instead they have been more worried about a rate rise....surely a child's life is more important?? Surely??

But I think it is time that actions truly meant more than words.... or else there will simply more blood on our hands: and I do mean that. Abuse may have already touched your family (for eg; 1 in 3 girls are sexually abused: thats a great deal of the population and a hidden epidemic if I ever saw one) why are we still living in denial....

WAKE UP AUSTRALIA!!! Because one day it will be too late.....

Jo


Yes, it is great to talk. But there is a time and place to act.....and I think that time is now....


But what about this mother who shook and killed her baby: they want to acquit her....

http://abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/11/06/2083256.htm?section=australia
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,22712648-5006301,00.html

I am sorry, but this woman needs to pay for what she has done. Yeah I get what it is like to be depressed, and you do get strange ideas in your head....but regardless....to do that to a baby....if I even thought my head might go down that track, I would call someone get them to look after the baby whilst I went to get some help, be that in medicinally or via counselling...I hope when I am finally a Mum, I won't be scared to put my hand up and say that I am not coping...I have always said that is really important that you are able to do that.... And have that support system in place. I think that for the sake of the kids that it's really important to do that.


The world is a sad sorry mess....sigh!!!


Jo

No comments:

LFCA

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

A Cloud of Words

Wordle: Princessjo

Anniversary Countdown

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker