A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.

~Blogger~

Dec 13, 2008

Christmas and Babies

Well...I went to a friend's house today and got a surprise: an entire 6 day old baby...so beautiful, but still a shock. I knew she was pregnant but I had thought the baby was due towards the end of this month. Well hello! It's here!

It made me feel like crying...holding this little 8+ pound beautiful angel (applause for her brave (& first-time) Mama), rocking her to sleep and snuggling with her. Her little fist wrapped around my fingers. Babies are such spiritual experiences, but they make me feel so torn. I want to have at least one of my own. I want to know what it is like to hold that child and know that she is mine and mine alone (and well, Justin's as well)and that I won't have to hand them back to somebody and return to my empty house.

Speaking of my empty house. I have decorated fit for a king. Or fit for us, the dog, cat and bird...I wish I could join child to that list. But I can't. But it's full of Christmas spirit!


Dining Room






Dining Room curtains: of which I am particularly proud :)






Living room with tree





Dog & Cat Stocking
: I know, how sad am I??




Ahh well, my house is beautiful and I love Christmas.


Jo

No comments:

LFCA

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

A Cloud of Words

Wordle: Princessjo

Anniversary Countdown

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker