A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.

~Blogger~

Dec 18, 2008

Life and Love

Hi all,

Christmas approaches...and I feel completely under prepared. But the funny thing is that I am not. The house is decorated: all that needs to be done really is last minute food shopping...

It is my last Christmas as an unmarried woman: now there's a thought... In fact it's my last year as an unmarried woman full stop. No matter what happens, I will not be "unmarried" again my entire life. Wow... It's a big change, but one I thought about for a long time (that would be 2+ years, people) and am prepared for (as much as you can).

We have under a month to go now. Under a month till my way of life receives a piece of paper justifying and legalizing it. I am excited but not really nervous. Stressed, yes, but not nervous (you try organizing a wedding in under 2 months during the Christmas season). Not nervous because this is what I want, and that to me it's just an announcement of a forgone conclusion. Justin is the one I want to have my children with and spend the rest of my life with. But not the soppy way (I can't stand soppiness: ewwww, icky!). The steady, reliable way. I hold no illusions of being a partner means. It's not the pretty picture Justin's parents want us to have and be. It's reality and it can suck sometimes. It's a pain in the arse sometimes to settle down when all your friends are travelling and having great careers (and have fab apartments: Sophie, I am so jealous of you and your most glorious furniture and decorating skills). But I would rather sacrifice or postpone all of that and choose something which I find much more important: A man that loves me for me, and put up with all my little idiosyncrasies (and trust me, there are many).

Ahhh life, it has a funny way of screwing things up and making them all better. I just wish sometimes it wasn't sooo dramatic.

Jo

No comments:

LFCA

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

A Cloud of Words

Wordle: Princessjo

Anniversary Countdown

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker