A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.

~Blogger~

Feb 18, 2009

The Phone call to end all phone calls

I can't believe it.

My husband (along with his mother) decided today to rent a flat.

One that we couldn't afford: that is only $40 cheaper than the house we were in.

One that does not take pets.

And I was not consulted, nor told that this was in the works.

His mother told me that it was up to us what we did, but heavily inferred throughout that I should stay where I am. Full stop.

And then forgot to hit the "disconnect" button and had the gall to tell my husband that he would "not be hearing from me for a while". Something which I had never said nor referred to in the whole conversation I had had with her.

As far as she is concerned we should give the cat and bird away and have my mum keep the dog. Now, they are my babies. I had told Justin that any house/unit he got, that he has to consider the pets. He didn't.

As well, the in laws paid for everything, which now means that they have "got" something over us now. To subtly (and not so subtly) manipulate us with. Which she also made clear in the phone call.

It leaves me in an awkward, painful spot.

What do I do.

Well, I know what I would like to do...quite possibly throttle someone. And bang some heads together. And hurt someone. But I won't because I am the good girl. And I don't do stuff like that.

It hurts to have your husband make decisions without you, with the mother in law in the background, cheering him on.

I am ANGRY.

VERY ANGRY!

Jo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you should be, because he's letting his mom control everything instead of having some balls about it.

Delenn said...

From Lost & Found. This is just awful! I am so sorry you are dealing with such controlling, manipulative people.

Jendeis said...

Here from LFCA. I'm so sorry that things are stinking right now. Hoping and praying that everything will right itself out eventually.

Aunt Becky said...

I'm angry FOR you! I'm so sorry for all of this. I can only imagine how it makes you feel to have to deal with all of this. I can't offer much other than to offer you my services in beating him up. I could use someone to be really mad at.

Journeywoman said...

Here from Lost and Found.

1) I would call my husband immediately (if only to prove her wrong)

2) I would ask to meet with him privately and sit and work this out.

I wish I lived closer (than NJ) and I could help!

Lidia said...

Hey Princess,
God, i'm so sorry. And even more sorry I haven't called you back... I'm gonna call you this weekend I promise. I really hope you're going ok... don't worry, things always get better. I know that sounds hopelessly optimistic, but it's true :-)

Luv
Amy

LFCA

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

A Cloud of Words

Wordle: Princessjo

Anniversary Countdown

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker