A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.

~Blogger~

Feb 26, 2009

A Third Memory

There have been a few moments in my life where I knew that the moment I was living was so perfect that I would never be able to relive it or recreate it.

My favourite one I think, is when my now husband (Justin) and I went out to Stoney Creek: a gorgeous place in the middle of no where. It's just stunning: in fact, I wanted to get married there before we ran away to Brisbane and got married. I would have to say that it is one of my most favourite places on earth. We followed the bushwalk, stopped half way and sat on the rocks in the middle of a waterfall: alone, but yet together and in tune with everything around us. We laughed, we bickered, we played silly games like little children. All our worries washed away as if the waterfall had taken them. It was a day full of beautiful, blissful, perfect moments.

It was a day of tranquillity, blissful in its ignorance. What I wouldn't give to have that day again! But like I said, I know that it isn't possible to live it again.

Yes, a moment. My moment.


When we are alone on a starlit night, when by chance we see the migrating birds in autumn descending on a grove of junipers to rest and eat; when we see children in a moment when they are really children, when we know love in our own hearts; or when, like the Japanese poet, Basho, we hear an old frog land in a quiet pond with a solitary splash - at such times the awakening, the turning inside out of all values, the "newness," the emptiness and the purity of vision that make themselves evident, all these provide a glimpse of the cosmic dance. ~Thomas Merton


Th cosmic dance indeed. Sometimes the cosmos leads. Sometimes I follow. And occasionally, just occasionally, I get my say.

Jo

6 comments:

Jo said...

What a beautiful memory.

(I love your caution at the top, BTW. Proud of you for being willing to put it all out there.)

Hugs, from one Jo to another.

Finbarpurpleton said...

Hi Jo,

What a beautiful memory to share.

I don't know if I have ever told you this before but you are a really good writer. Very poetic and lyrical. In fact I think it would be really awesome if you UPDATED your stories on fiction press?

Melissa.

Kristin said...

What a beautiful memory. Thanks for sharing it.

~ICLW

michelle said...

hey there...just stopping in for ICLW...
I love your story what a beautiful special memory...
I'm glad I found you..I love your honesty!

m :)

Fat Chick said...

Beautiful post, beautiful memory.

And you know what? I love Basho, but sometimes can't read his work because it is too hauntingly beautiful, what the Japanese call "Wa" and "Sabi" - harmony and sadness / feeling.

ICLW

Beautiful Mess said...

You wrote your memory so well! I really pictured it in my head, it's so beautiful. Thank you for that.
*ICLW*

LFCA

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

A Cloud of Words

Wordle: Princessjo

Anniversary Countdown

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker