A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.

~Blogger~

Nov 24, 2009

Stolen Moments

Photography records the gamut of feelings written on the human face, the beauty of the earth and skies that man has inherited, and the wealth and confusion man has created. It is a major force in explaining man to man.
Edward Steichen

Of late, a favourite passion of mine is photography: and the editing of photos. Particularly, I am interested in how a simple tint or editing technique can change everything about photograph.

Above all, I find taking pictures of children a true delight. I love the "plucking out" of moments in their life. I love catching the briefest smile, movement before they move and take off again. And the parents like it too.

In the next couple of months I plan on doing a maternity shoot for a friend. She is a lovely woman with a great many talents and I think she will look fabulous. I have a few months to consider where I am going to do it: at this stage I have no idea, so if you live in the area, I would love a few ideas.

Now, for obvious reasons, I don't wish to publish the children's faces in such a public medium. But, I am going to publish some in which their identities are not evident, and some of my extended family. If you have my facebook, there are more detailed photos there, and you are more than welcome to check it out. :-)

Jo
















No comments:

LFCA

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

A Cloud of Words

Wordle: Princessjo

Anniversary Countdown

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker