A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.

~Blogger~

Dec 20, 2009

2009 Blog List of All Fabulousness

A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world. 
~ Anon ~

Welcome to my 2009 Blog List of All Fabulousness: filled with powerful women, powerful stories and above all, powerful blogs. Some have made me laugh, some have made me cry, some make me hungry and yet still others leave me feeling at peace.

  • No Longer Quivering BlogForum: A wonderful world of resources and stories of those leaving fundamentalism/quiverfull. Any list of mine wouldn't be complete without it.
  • Free Jinger: A hilarious take on all things fundamentalist: not for everyone, but I personally find it funny and at times, very close to the truth. 
  • Razing Ruth: A girl with a story like mine but whom is only at the beginning of her journey. She is in the process of leaving a fundamentalist, quiverfull family. Powerful stuff. 
  • The Redheaded Skeptic : an amazing story of how a minister's wife left her husband and her faith. She always has something interesting to say. 
  • The Sphors: I warn you, their story is not for the lighthearted. The moment I hit their site, I start to cry. Powerful, moving, courageous, painful, and awe-inspiring. You go Sphors! 
  • The Pioneer Woman: Her food and photography are phenomenal and  inspiring. I wish I had half her talent, but it is something I can work on. In the meantime, I just love, love, love her work. 

To all the others I have read whether you be years old or just starting yesturday, thankyou for allowing me to be part of your world. I may not always reply, but I am always listening. 

Jo

2 comments:

Grace said...

Ooh! Thank you for the link to Razing Ruth's blog!

I've seen her on the NLQ forums a bit recently and I've been wondering what her story was :)

Aunt Becky said...

*blushes* Thank you for the shout-out.

LFCA

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

A Cloud of Words

Wordle: Princessjo

Anniversary Countdown

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker