These are my dreams for this next year.
1. Get married in Brisbane surrounded by the people I love.
This I did. And it was fantastic and unique.
2. Have a baby that is all mine and whom I don't have to give back to somebody.
Well. No. Enough said.
3. Laugh more, hope more.
For much of the year laughter was a very long way off the list of priorities. It was tough to laugh when you felt like you were losing everything including your sanity.
4. Have a completely healthy year without a single Crohn's flare.
Didn't happen. Wish it did.
5. Find a job and become more financially stable.
Once again, no, at least in the traditional sense. I did find hobbies and routes to entertain and fulfil myself: something which I consider to be much more important. Money is as much value as you give to it.
6. Sponsor a child and give more to good charities.
We did start donating a tiny amount to the Red Cross every month.
7. To get into more of a routine with housework.
I did actually manage to keep this up until I got sick again. Fun times.
8. Entertain more.
This I did do, and enjoyed every minute of it.
9. Successfully cook a Souffle or anything I have been too nervous to try yet.
Noooo...and no again.
10. Learn how to cope with the in-laws better.
If by this you mean giving myself a little space, then yes. I took the perspective that they only truly mattered to Justin. And not to me. I am still polite.
11. Read more, learn more.
Oh yes. This was a year of learning, but not as I intended it.
12. Find good homes for the kittens.
Things I need to let go of this year.
1. My depression.
No: it still haunts and chases me.
2. My fears.
They have increased. Enough said.
3. My worry.
4. My stress.
5. My sadness over not having a child of my own.
I wish I could say yes, but I can't. I can say I have more peace about being childless.
6. The "why me" question.
Well. I still ask it. so no.
7. My way of thinking that says "everyone is better than me at everything". It's not
It is still not helping. :-O
8. My guilt.
What? Guilt is my friend!
9. My past.
Nope. My past still follows me about, particularly since part of it was released into the wild this year.
10. My jealousy.
I would say it is more under control.
11. My bitterness.
I am still bitter. I try not to be.
12. My slackness.