A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.

~Blogger~

Jan 4, 2010

The Philosophy of Bread and Why I am a Convert

Hi All,

I just made bread: from scratch. I always have wanted to, just never got around to it. Well, now I have. And well, it rocks. 

I mixed and kneaded, rested and watched things rise. I baked it and revelled in the scent of cooking bread filling my house. Golden brown straight from the oven, carving first one piece and another. Coating with butter, watching it melt. And then the anticipation of taste; the flavour, the texture! Perfectly crunchy crust, soft white inside. And oh. oh. It was worth the measuring, the kneading, the waiting. 

I am a convert. Yes, I now finally understand why people choose to make bread: besides the fact it is ridiculously cheap.

Ahhh. Now I want more. I have created a monster. Justin better get home soon, or else there will be none left. 

Jo

4 comments:

Grace said...

OMG YUM

om nom nom.

That road trip is sounding better and better!!

Princess Jo said...

Well why haven't u left yet/ i can only keep it in the oven for a certain length of time!

Honestly you victorians are slack!!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog - I'm looking forward to reading yours more and getting to know you better!

Lorena said...

I love making bread. Have been making our bread for at least two years. It is ridiculously cheap, isn't it?

LFCA

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

A Cloud of Words

Wordle: Princessjo

Anniversary Countdown

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker