A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.

~Blogger~

Feb 6, 2010

All Hail the Lurkers.


Well, well. I had quite a turnout, more than I was expecting! Go the lurkers!! 
____________________________________________



Anonymous said...


Hi Jo, I'll delurk to say hello from England. I've only just found your blog so am hopping around your archives at the moment. I found you from the FJ website. I am a 35 year old Christian, married to my husband of 15 years and have a 9 year old daughter. I look forward to reading more about you.


Kaje xx


Welcome Kaje. Glad to see some FJians hanging around. You sound like you have a lovely family!! Feel free to poke around however much you want, and to openly disagree if there is something you feel led to disagree on! 




Anonymous said...

Yo. From New York. Back to lurking. A creature comfort.

Anon: Yes lurking does rock doesn't it?!?!  I am, at heart, a lurker too. Glad to see you're here! 




Lorena said...

Sometimes when we don't respond to comments, people believe that the poster doesn't care for what's being said. It's my experience that engaging people in dialogue creates relationship, which is what people are looking for on-line: a substitute for human contact.

An interesting perspective. I for one, don't see this online world as a substitute, but just as another avenue of communication (an important one at that). And I do care, enough to often return to the commenter's blog to respond. I agree that there are bloggers out there whom don't respond to comments as often and in depth as they should. 



Vee said...

I'm lurking :-)

And I am damned glad you do. Love, love, love your blog. I am very sorry for all the crap life has thrown your way. 




Stacie said...

Delurking here from CA. I've been following you for a while now, but I totally suck at commenting. I'm not even sure how I found you exactly, but I am glad I did. Hugs!

I do believe I commented on your blog aeons ago, perhaps from a Creme? I frequent many of the blogs you do so....the possibilities are endless!! I am glad you do follow along!!  




Colleenish said...

Hello Jo! I really enjoy your blog; I keep you bookmarked and check in every few days. You have a wonderful voice and it makes a difference in my life to read about your stories and your experience. Oh, I'm in Boston, MA, 37, female, work in publishing. Back to the shadows from whence I lurked...

Wow! Thanks Colleenish. I am delighted that you find something positive and helpful here. There is something deliciously shadowy and naughty about lurking land isn't there?



Emily said...

Emily from Michigan! 28 years old.

:running back to hide in lurkdom:







Nice to meet you Emily. Pleased to know that you are here! 










Jennifer said...

I'm glad you are getting delurkers. :) Comments are nice, even if they aren't the only reason we blog. :) BTW, so nice to meet you, I'm glad we ended up both commenting on Laura's facebook this morning. :)

I am loving the delurking concept myself. Yes, comments are nice! I am so glad we met too! Let us take over Laura's status! Divide and conquer. 




Alison said...

Hello! I'm a lurker from Tennessee. I am having issues with my religion (or lack there of I guess), so I always enjoy reading blogs of people who I can relate to. Keep up the great blogging!


Once again, I am glad you are finding something useful about this blog. The path of questioning something like religion is never smooth or easy. I hope you can come to a conclusion that makes you feel happy and satisfied. 


______________________________________


Wow! I really do have blog readers from all corners of the world!!! Many thanks guys for popping your head out and speaking up!!!


I am glad that all of you have found something to interest you here. I hope this blog continues to draw interest, and perhaps more importantly, draw debate and opposing points of view: create thought instead of suffocating it.

Have fun in 2010 all!!

Jo


3 comments:

Laura said...

Bwahaha! I didn't comment because I comment on so many of your posts that I didn't want you to think I was comment stalking you! But I see now I was talked about so I should have at least read them to know what conspiracy lurked in your seemingly innocent community! My FB status is mine! MINE! Get that? MINE! :D :D

Princess Jo said...

No. no. no.

Comment stalking? Who me? Or you?

:P sorry about that!

Jennifer said...

Hehehe... Laura you never get that status back! It became mine and Jo's! LOL!! :D

Jo - we must do that again sometime, I had a lot of fun (though I think part of it was the great company of you and Laura!)

LFCA

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

A Cloud of Words

Wordle: Princessjo

Anniversary Countdown

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker