A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.

~Blogger~

Feb 18, 2010

Confused about Much, But NOT About Space!!

Hi All,

I have started this entry time and time again. For some reason I feel to pressure to blog. Which is slightly, well, ridiculous.

But yet, I am here. Still trying to write. Still trying to share whatever I am seeking to share.

And it is not like I have nothing to share. I do: I just have been struggling to write it in a way that isn't crazy harsh and judgemental. I think it will prove to be unfortunately: this lady has finally pushed me too far and really annoyed me.

I wanted to share a recent conversation I had with Emily in the comments over at Under $1000 per Month. But in the end, I found her to be non-conducive to having any form of intellectual, give and take, adult conversation, and so the actual details of the brief conversation remain on her blog. I comment as princessjo, if you want to go over and analyse the conversation for yourself.

Emily, throughout our conversation wanted to be 'right' in all things. Which is fine (after all that is her space to be doing that), but on the other hand, she shouldn't be running competitions asking for public decorating/design opinions! Her prideful spirit was not very godly, if she was the bible believing, fundamentalist christian she claims to be.

But to me, her pride runs the risks of hurting her 2 kids, the ones she should be most concerned about. She has two of her three kids (with plans to add number 3) in a room about the same size as my tiny bathroom (6ft (1.8m) x 8 ft (2.5m))...whilst she and her hubby get the large bedroom all to themselves (and the baby currently). Horrifying. Those poor babies!!!

So much disturbs me about this right now.


Jo

2 comments:

mommyoffaith19 said...

I would have no problem with my husband and I in the small room and the kids getting the bigger bedroom.

Kids have alot of stuff. My husband and I store nothing in our bedroom but literally our bedroom furniture. It wouldn't bother me to sleep in a small room at all.

*sigh*

www.mommyoffaith19.blogspot.com

Craziness in the kitchen said...

The 1K blog is a train wreck. I can't stop reading it. I found your argument to be very reasonable, which goes to prove you can't reason with the unreasonable.

LFCA

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

A Cloud of Words

Wordle: Princessjo

Anniversary Countdown

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker