A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.

~Blogger~

Mar 19, 2010

Comment Love. :-)

Wow! What a lot of comments in the past few days!

Firstly, I want to thank you all for your fabulous support in regards to the medication issue, and for sharing your experiences with the issue. To my friends who read on Facebook, and those who read here: your advice, thoughts and experiences are truly invaluable. I start them tomorrow: wish me luck!

As for the comments on my post "NO means NO...and other abuse truths"... I appreciate Melissa, JM, and Shadowspring coming forward your support, stories etc in this matter. I would also like to give a shout out to the fantastic Free Jingerians... ;-) you guys rock!!

To Anna: you want my readers to see a true representation of Rebekah's views, gained through a thorough reading of her blog and comments? I gave the direct link so that my readers could do just that: and I believe, many, if not all, read through her post and comments. And ALL agreed with my conclusions, as brief and generalised as they were.

I will give full credit to Rebekah for opening up her comments to naysayers and opposite views. But does that make her humble? No. Her words speak louder than her actions here in the virtual universe. And her words say things which I find reprehensible, particularly about her fellow women. By even partially blaming them for the actions of rapists (like Ted Bundy), she feeds a society that blames the victims, and thus postpones and minimises the just sentences these abusive characters deserve. I found her post (and replies) to be so triggering (I have a major increase in panic attacks/night terrors/mood swings) that I cannot comment on her actual blog any longer after today. I am not the only person to feel this way: and I won't be the last.


Jo..

4 comments:

Susan said...

Jo,
I didn't comment on your medication issues, so I'll put my two cents in here.

I have been suffering from major depression for almost 12 years now. From the moment I was diagnosed I was on medication. It took about 4 - 6 weeks to make a difference.

I have tried almost all medications until my doctor and I tried Lexapro and trazadone. This combination helps with the depression and the fibromyalgia. But it took ten years to find the combination.

I will be seeing a psychiatrist now to help manage my meds. I get suicidal when I'm down and I don't want to hurt my family; so I will stay on meds the rest of my life.

Good luck to you.

Susan
http://susan-potpouri.blogspot.com/

shadowspring said...

Jo, You are entirely welcome!

Heal. Laugh. Love. Cry when you need to, get angry when you should, and then heal, laugh, and love some more.

Take meds, excercise, eat chocolate, paint, sing, garden, write, cook, clean, listen to music, make music- whatever brings you peace and happiness, take it and enjoy your life. :)

Wishing you all the best,
Shadowspring

Mommy of Monkeyshines said...

Vyckie pointed me to your website. Wow. We have ssoooooooo much in common I don't even know where to begin! I struggle with GAD, PTSD, and depression. I have been on Lexapro for over a year. Like you, I was sexually molested by my father and was raised in this hell called fundamentalism/QF/homeschooling Movement. I can't wait to begin a wonderful friendship with you!!!! Many blessings~http://www.chandra-bernat.com

Mommy of Monkeyshines said...

Opps! I left you the wrong address. Http://www.chandra-bernat.blogspot.com

:)

LFCA

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

A Cloud of Words

Wordle: Princessjo

Anniversary Countdown

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker