A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.

~Blogger~

Jul 6, 2010

I Saw Death Tonight.

Last night, we went to a friend's place for dinner. Sitting out on the veranda afterwards, we heard a huge bang: almost like thunder.

We decided to walk down and check it out. What we found will stay with me forever: a huge single car crash  on a nearby street. They taking the driver away and it was clear that things weren't good. People whom had gotten there a little earlier told us that it was a woman involved and there was a gun found in her car. Her car (holden crewmen) had been going so fast that it had flipped on its roof and taken out a tree. Some also reported hearing gunshots in the minutes before the crash.

We assumed that it was a drag race or drug deal gone bad.

How wrong could we be?

I woke up this morning to find that what happened was far more horrible then just a drag race or a drug deal gone bad.

It is being widely reported that the woman that died in the crash had just shot and killed a baby boy (8 months old) and attempted to kill a 36 year old man 10 minutes before.

This woman was my age, and lived barely 15 minutes away from me. For all I know I could have seen her before: crossed her path on the street, brushed against her in the shopping centre. But for some reason, any reason, our worlds collided on that night: the night of her death. I watched this woman die, a woman whom, according to many reports, had just shot and killed a baby, and attempted to kill someone else.

Rest In Peace baby boy: you didn't deserve to die. Your life was just beginning.

Unable are the loved to die.  For love is immortality.  
~Emily Dickinson~

You will be remembered and loved by thousands that never met you, and by a precious few that did.  


Jo

3 comments:

S.I.F. said...

That is just heartbreaking... I don't even know what to say. So much sadness. :(

shadowspring said...

So sad to read this, and sad for you that you witnessed the tragedy in part, Princess Jo. Be good to yourself in the days ahead.

Lorena said...

Oh my gosh! That's horrible. Do you think that perhaps attending the baby's funeral would give you closure?

Just the thought of it makes me want to throw up. Sorry you had to witness that.

LFCA

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

A Cloud of Words

Wordle: Princessjo

Anniversary Countdown

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker