A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.

~Blogger~

Oct 5, 2010

Blogoversary - No. 4

That is right - I have been blogging for 4 years. Pretty incredible.

In that time, I have written just over 400 entries - 100 a year.


I look back, and I cannot believe how much has changed.

In these 4 years:  

  • Justin and I had been dating/living together for just under a year when I began. Now, we have been together for nearly 5 and married for close to 2.
  • My father had not been sentenced or been taken to court at the start. Now he has, and even served some of his sentence, and been released on parole.  But most of all, the door to that chapter in my life is finally sliding shut, after a very long wait.
  • When I first began, even though I had some small suspicions at the time, we didn't really know about our infertility. 4 years on - diagnosed with MFI, and some form of egg release problems for me. It just blows your mind really. 
  • We have moved about 6 times.
  • We have met and fallen in love with a gorgeous bunch of kids, whom we are absolutely privileged to take care of at various times in the past few years - 11 fabulous kids (ranging in age from newborn to 7) at last count. Yes, you read right - 11!! I am fated to care for many, and be mother to none I think sometimes! 
  •  We have made some appalling financial decisions, and are slowly working our way out of them. The END is nigh - I hope! 
  • I left university after a number of great years there. It just became too much. 
  • Together we have survived a major surgery, autoimmune diseases, crazy medication side effects, and general bad health. 
  • I have changed the backgrounds, colours, and fonts of this blog more times then I can count. Have also changed the name once or twice - most recently from "Musings of a Princess" to "Finding Her Way" - to reflect the life changes I was experiencing.
 
There is a lot to celebrate, and lot to mourn about in that list. 
And guess what? 

I have blogged about it all! 


Happy 4th Blogoversary 
to
Finding Her Way

5 comments:

Conceptionally Challenged said...

Happy Blogoversary!

Laura said...

Yay! Congrats on a making such a great blog last for so long! To another 4 years, this time with some happily ever after mixed in! :)

Vee said...

Happy Blogoversary!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Happy blogoversary!

dragonfly said...

Congrats on having come so far, Jo. I look forward to enjoying reading about the next leg of your exciting journey.

LFCA

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

A Cloud of Words

Wordle: Princessjo

Anniversary Countdown

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker