A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.

~Blogger~

Oct 31, 2010

Quiverfull on Sunday Night.

Just thought I would give a quick link to Sunday Night's program the other night on Quiverfull.


Quiverfull - Sunday Night

They talked to the Campbells - I kept wondering if I had been that self-righteous and hypocritical - and yes, I probably was! Thank god I got out before I was of an age to attend one of Nancy Campbell's seminars myself - I would have brought it hook, line and sinker. I don't know how much more devastating my infertility would be if I had. Ugh! 

I found interesting however, the things they got wrong - particularly the way they made it sound as if QF/Fundamentalism was relatively new here in Australia. It isn't - it has been going for the last 20 years here. Yes, there is a new generation, but a large proportion of the older/first generation have left and chosen to remain largely silent, giving the impression that it is only a relatively new trend. But still, a little bit of research would have been appropriate - there are some first generation Aussies speaking out! :-)

Overall however, I was very impressed, so do go over and check it out!

Jo

2 comments:

Angel Renee said...

I agree. The Quiverfull movement is a lot older than people realize, but... they haven't really had a name for it until now.

And Colin and Nancy are soooo pious it makes me sick. The funny thing is, they are nothing like that when you live with them. Colin is crass, tells crude jokes and is inherently disrespectful and belligerent to Nancy. Nancy is just the most absent-minded person in the world, super-sugary-sweet, and absolutely close-minded. And then they go out and preach to the multitudes against a lot of the very things they practice. What's up with that?

Anonymous said...

Well said Angel. Most religious people show a totally different face in public than at home. The way she speaks than smiles that fake smile, then speaks again, then that smile again. Haven't people got the intuition not to fall for that sort of thing? I met Nancy Campbell in the 90s. Only once, at an Above Rubies meeting. That was enough. Sooo hypocritical.

LFCA

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

A Cloud of Words

Wordle: Princessjo

Anniversary Countdown

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker