A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.

~Blogger~

Nov 25, 2010

Inspired

When I was younger, I wanted to be a missionary to India. I wanted to work in an orphanage. Of course with life, and my de-conversion, that idea drifted to the wayside.

And then, recently I stumbled across this -

http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/

And was completely and utterly inspired. I want to go. The yearning is back - just in a different form. I don't want to bring Jesus any more though, I just want to bring help.

I know, I know, the chances of me ever doing something like are so small - to say nothing of all the preperation, and the fact that I have a husband whom likes his creature comforts a little too much. But maybe, just maybe, it is what we need. We, the spoiled white people, whom have no idea about poverty - or death. Yes, we donate to the Red Cross, and the Fred Hollows Foundation, but it is just a drop in the ocean, and we have no real concept of how life is over there.

Jo

No comments:

LFCA

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

A Cloud of Words

Wordle: Princessjo

Anniversary Countdown

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker