A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.

~Blogger~

Aug 8, 2011

Delicious Ambiguity

Hi All,

The last few blog posts have hinted at it, but I can finally say it with certainty -

This blog is on hiatus, and I don't know how long for. 

You see this blog had a purpose, all those years ago.

I needed to speak.

I needed to throw away the silence and tell my truth as I saw it.

I needed to explore myself, and create new truths from what I believed was right.

I needed to grow from a naive teenager into a woman.

And this blog helped me do that.

You helped me do that.

Yes, you the lurkers, the faithful commenters, the inspiring other bloggers, and the emailers.

Your support and love has been amazing, and truly added a great deal of kindness, happiness and hope to my life.

But for now, I feel like a chapter in my life is closing, and in a way, this blog as well. I am ready to move on, face up to some new challenges, and focus on all the positive, wonderful things I have been blessed with. Things with a beginning need an ending - and this feels like the right time for this blog.

My fight to protect children will always continue. My eyes have been opened now - I am aware now that monsters aren't just faceless strangers. But above all, I am no longer silent.

My hope that this blog has made at least one person more aware. Made them think, look twice at an 'iffy' situation. Made them more willing to speak up. Made them realise that those stories in the news? Are real people, with real emotions, and real long term impacts. Child abuse doesn't just finish at the end of the 2 minute news story - the repercussions ripple out, sometimes for generations.

If I come back, (and I might - I still like to write!), I will be sure to pass on my new space in the world wide web.

But, thankyou, thankyou for 4 (nearly 5!) priceless years. Blogging community, you have reached in and touched my heart, and indeed, my soul. Strangers no more.

Love,
Princess Jo.



I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. 
Delicious Ambiguity.
- Gilda Radner

4 comments:

Jo said...

I am sorry to hear you're leaving. I miss your posts, and your insights. I hope that, after your break, you'll come back to us, whether here or somewhere else.

I am, however, thrilled to hear the underlying happiness in your post. You sound like you're at peace, and that's a wonderful, wonderful, thing.

We may never meet, or speak, again but I want you to know something: Jo, I feel privileged to know you, and to have been witness to your story. You're an amazingly strong, talented, and caring person and I have no doubt that you will do phenomenal things with your life.

Sending you all the love in the world,

The "other" Jo

Mum said...

Hi Jo,
I am so proud of you. Your journey has not been an easy one and like all of us you have had to find your own path in life.

You have blossomed into a beautiful young woman who cares very much about other people especially children.

Thanks for being my daughter, I love you.

Heather said...

It must have been a difficult decision. Thank you for sharing your journey. There is a right time for endings and new beginings. Here's hoping for another door of self-expression that may open for you.

Naples said...

Love how you accept there is no 'end point' and that we are all headed off into the night with no certainty, just that we have ourselves and each other and that's all we should need in a perfect world.
But we know the world isn't perfect, not yet anyway..
Nice blog, will be missed.

LFCA

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

A Cloud of Words

Wordle: Princessjo

Anniversary Countdown

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker